A Developer’s Essential Guide to Docker Compose: Simplify the development and orchestration of multi-container applications PDF 2022
- Length: 264 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2022-10-07
Start defining your infrastructure using Docker Compose and leverage it for everyday development or deployment
- Distribute your code in an easier way for developers to get started
- Set up complex infrastructure for development and CI/CD purposes
- Deploy simple multi-container applications using Docker Compose
Software development is becoming increasingly complex due to the various software components used. Applications need to be packaged with software components to facilitate their operations, making it complicated to run them. With Docker Compose, a single command can set up your application and the needed dependencies.
This book starts with an overview of Docker Compose and its usage and then shows how to create an application. You will also get to grips with the fundamentals of Docker volumes and network, along with Compose commands, their purpose, and use cases. Next, you will set up databases for daily usage using Compose and, leveraging Docker networking, you will establish communication between microservices. You will also run entire stacks locally on Compose, simulate production environments, and enhance CI/CD jobs using Docker Compose. Later chapters will show you how to benefit from Docker Compose for production deployments, provision infrastructure on public clouds such as AWS and Azure, and wrap up with Compose deployments on said infrastructure.
By the end of this book, you will have learned how to effectively utilize Docker Compose for day-to-day development.
What you will learn
- Create multi-container applications using Docker Compose
- Use Docker Compose for daily development
- Connect microservices leveraging Docker network fundamentals
- Add monitoring to services leveraging Prometheus
- Deploy to production using Docker Compose
- Translate Compose files to Kubernetes deployments
Who this book is for
This book is for software engineers, developer advocates, and DevOps engineers looking to set up multi-container Docker applications using Compose without the need to set up a Docker orchestration engine. It is also for team leads looking to increase the productivity of an organization’s software teams by streamlining the provisioning of complex development environments locally using Docker Compose. Readers are expected to understand containerization and must possess fundamental Docker knowledge to get started with this book.
DOWNLOAD MORE EBOOK PDF FREE HERE