Accelerate DevOps with GitHub PDF 2022 Free : Enhance software delivery performance with GitHub Issues Projects Actions and Advanced Security
- Length: 540 pages
- Edition: 1
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2022-09-09
Take your DevOps and DevSecOps game to the next level by leveraging the power of the GitHub toolset in practice
- Release software faster and with confidence
- Increase your productivity by spending more time on software delivery and less on fixing bugs and administrative tasks
- Deliver high-quality software that is more stable, scalable, and secure
This practical guide to DevOps uses GitHub as the DevOps platform and shows how you can leverage the power of GitHub for collaboration, lean management, and secure and fast software delivery.
The chapters provide simple solutions to common problems, thereby helping teams that are already on their DevOps journey to further advance into DevOps and speed up their software delivery performance. From finding the right metrics to measure your success to learning from other teams’ success stories without merely copying what they’ve done, this book has it all in one place. As you advance, you’ll find out how you can leverage the power of GitHub to accelerate your value delivery – by making work visible with GitHub Projects, measuring the right metrics with GitHub Insights, using solid and proven engineering practices with GitHub Actions and Advanced Security, and moving to event-based and loosely coupled software architecture.
By the end of this GitHub book, you’ll have understood what factors influence software delivery performance and how you can measure your capabilities, thus realizing where you stand in your journey and how you can move forward.
What you will learn
- Effectively measure software delivery performance
- Adopt DevOps and lean management techniques in your teams
- Plan, track, and visualize your work using GitHub Issues and Projects
- Use continuous delivery with GitHub Actions and Packages
- Scale quality through testing in production and chaos engineering
- “Shift left” security and secure your entire software supply chain
- Use DevSecOps practices with GitHub Advanced Security
- Secure your code with code scanning, secret scanning, and Dependabot
Who this book is for
This book is for developers, solutions architects, DevOps engineers, and SREs, as well as for engineering or product managers who want to enhance their software delivery performance. Whether you’re new to DevOps, already have experience with GitHub Enterprise, or come from a platform such as Azure DevOps, Team Foundation Server, GitLab, Bitbucket, Puppet, Chef, or Jenkins but struggle to achieve maximum performance, you’ll find this book beneficial.
DOWNLOAD MORE EBOOK PDF FREE HERE