SQL for Data Analytics: Harness the power of SQL to extract insights from data 3rd Edition PDF
- Length: 540 pages
- Edition: 3
- Language: English
- Publisher: Packt Publishing
- Publication Date: 2022-08-29
Take your first steps to becoming a fully qualified data analyst by learning how to explore complex datasets
- Master each concept through practical exercises and activities
- Discover various statistical techniques to analyze your data
- Implement everything you’ve learned on a real-world case study to uncover valuable insights
Every day, businesses operate around the clock, and a huge amount of data is generated at a rapid pace. This book helps you analyze this data and identify key patterns and behaviors that can help you and your business understand your customers at a deep, fundamental level.
SQL for Data Analytics, Third Edition is a great way to get started with data analysis, showing how to effectively sort and process information from raw data, even without any prior experience.
You will begin by learning how to form hypotheses and generate descriptive statistics that can provide key insights into your existing data. As you progress, you will learn how to write SQL queries to aggregate, calculate, and combine SQL data from sources outside of your current dataset. You will also discover how to work with advanced data types, like JSON. By exploring advanced techniques, such as geospatial analysis and text analysis, you will be able to understand your business at a deeper level. Finally, the book lets you in on the secret to getting information faster and more effectively by using advanced techniques like profiling and automation.
By the end of this book, you will be proficient in the efficient application of SQL techniques in everyday business scenarios and looking at data with the critical eye of�analytics professional.
What you will learn
- Use SQL to clean, prepare, and combine different datasets
- Aggregate basic statistics using GROUP BY clauses
- Perform advanced statistical calculations using a WINDOW function
- Import data into a database to combine with other tables
- Export SQL query results into various sources
- Analyze special data types in SQL, including geospatial, date/time, and JSON data
- Optimize queries and automate tasks
- Think about data problems and find answers using SQL